June 4, 2008

HaPpY bIrThDaY Isaac!

We just celebrated Isaac's 5th birthday yesterday. On Saturday, we had a friend's birthday party for him. He wanted to have a Safari Jungle party. I had so much fun putting it together for him. Tyler was so cute helping me put everything together for the party. He even stayed up the night before the party, helping me finish with the decorations, until 2 am. When the kids all arrived, we had a decorated table set up outside for them all to check in and get their photos taken for their passports, and to recieve their jungle hats and Malaria Medicine (Mini M&M's). Tyler printed off their passports which were tied around their necks, while we put binoculars together and played some animal charades. Then Tyler put together a little obstacle course that he took them through. Then we went on an expedition, where when the kids saw an animal, they got the stamp of the animal they saw on the back of their passports and then we did presents (thanks everyone for your gifts) and had cake and ice cream and then did the pinata for whoever was still there. I feel like I didn't get very good pictures of the party because we were pretty busy, but we got some. Tyler made a CD of songs from jungle cartoon movies that we played during the party and then gave copies as party favors. Thanks Tyler for everything! Isaac seemed to love everything we did for them and that's what counts the most!

We are so happy that Isaac is in our family. We love him sp much! I can't believe he is 5 already! Happy Birthday Isaac!

10 comments:

Amberly said...

That seriously was the cutest birthday party I've ever seen! You are so creative and cute! I hope Isaac had fun! I can't believe they will be in Kindergarten in the fall!!

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

If I only had one ounce of your creativity! That is such a cute idea. I love your cake. I am going to attempt to make Boston's birthday cake this year. I love Will playing Peek a boo. Happy birthday Isaac.

Jessi said...

Wow, Supermom! You are such a cute mom and a great person. I'm sure Isaac will never forget that one.

Dart said...

Alexis had a blast and we have listened to the cd at least 50 times, so thanks so much. We gave a clutter free gift, which may be lame to a 5 year old. But hopefully Issac can go pick out a treat some afternoon. Thanks for inviting Lexi and making such a great party. She probably won't every have one that cool, but at least she got to participate in one! We'll have to have you over soon and the kids can play in the yard.

Sarah said...

I love the party! Birthday parties are the funnest. I love doing them for my kids. Your cake was awesome! Right now I am planning D.J.'s circus party, it's not until August but it takes time doesn't it? :) Happy B-day Isaac!

FishinFamily said...

You are SO creative! I love all of it, the decorations, the cake, the passport, the CD...holy cow super mom! Chuck E Cheese doesn't hold a candle to you! :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa & Tyler you are great parents! Isaac will never forget this party - so much work! Did you guys move to a different apartment? It looks like your place, but only things seem like they're on a different side - dumb question, I know..... Happy Birthday, Isaac!

Shannon said...

So cute!! How did the creative gene skip me....no fair beaver!!

Cass said...

Looks like the party was so much fun! The invitations were SO cute! KJ is still carrying his around and doesn't want to accept the fact that he missed the party (we were in Bountiful with his cousins that weekend.) He does have a gift here for Isaac that's been sitting on our counter for over a week now! Kasen keeps asking KJ if he can open it and KJ quickly informs him that it's for Isaac only!
Sorry we missed it!

Madsen Family said...

I heard all about the party from Amberly...it sounds like you out did every party Ephraim has every seen! I bet everyone had a blast! Happy Birthday, Isaac!