April 30, 2008

TAG TIME



Isaac was tagged by his cousin, Adde. This was really fun to do for Isaac and kind of a highlight for him. 8 things about Isaac.

1. He loves to laugh and have fun ALL THE TIME! Sometimes it gets old, when we are trying to be serious, but I love it that he has his own personality and wants everyone around him to be happy. I try not to get mad at him for it, at those serious times, because I want him to always feel like he can be himself. And he makes you feel like you are a pretty funny person because he is always laughing at the silly things you do.

2. He is such a big helper with Will. Anytime Will drops a toy or his sippy cup, Isaac is right there to pick it up. He will pull out Will's high chair if he thinks Will is being fussy and he's hungry. Or he'll get him a blanket. He's just a good big brother.

3. His favorite things: He loves the color green. He loves to eat pizza. He loves to draw. His favorite sport is baseball. He loves to sing and dance around with us. His favorite movie is Star Wars. His favorite TV show is Mickey Mouse Club House (for right now). His favorite ice cream is chocolate. Favorite animals is a monkey and gorilla.

4. He is a momma's boy. He always tells Tyler, "I like mom". Last week for family home evening, it was on baptism. Isaac turns to me and says, "I want you to baptize me". I tried not to laugh out loud, but it is so hard when he says things like that out of no where. He is always wanting to go to the store or run errands with me. And while we are doing that, he talks my ear off and also tells me how he loves going places with me. He is really sweet and will tell me on the days that he thinks I look cute or am wearing a cool shirt. Sometimes I like wearing a bright pocadot shirt or something different because I know I will get a reaction out of him.

5. He reminds us every meal and every night that we need to pray. We don't ever go without saying the blessing on the food or saying family prayer and personal prayers because of him. He has to make sure his prayer rock is under his pillow every night before he goes to bed. He calls it a magic prayer rock. In our downstairs, we don't have a picture of Jesus, and last week he said to me, "Mom, we need a picture of Jesus down here. I have one in my room and we have pictures of the temple, but we don't have one of Jesus and I like him". If we ever forget to do family home evening, there is drama in our house with him. We just hope he keeps up on the way he feels about all this stuff.

6. When he plays with his toys and legos, he is very creative. I don't know where he learns half the stuff he says and does, but he has quite the imagination. But everything, whether it is a stick or Legos or some plastic long thing, turns into a sword or a gun. I guess it's a boy thing, but Kenyon has never really gotten into that stuff. Right now he is really into Indiana Jones and he said that when he grows up, he wants to be Indiana Jones. I guess that will be a good Halloween costume this year. He loves to dress up. Any time we go to a friends house, he is sure to come out in some dress up thing.

7. He is really into smells and has to smell EVERYTHING. Anything I am making for dinner, any candle I have, clothes, anything new, he will smell everything. He gets mad when something stinks, like Will's diapers and won't stop talking about it until it is gone. Yesterday, he got a cut on his arm and he asked Tyler to smell it???

8. My siblings will get a kick out of this, but he is terrified of bugs and spiders. He even woke me up in the middle of the night on Saturday and told me there was a spider in his room. I thought he was joking because he does that a lot, and it was huge. Why did it have to be me to kill it? Carissa you will enjoy this, but about a year ago, he was taking a bath and he started screaming. I was so worried something was wrong so I looked in the bath and there was an ant. Go figures. Anyways, I am working with him on the bugs thing. He actually loves to chase butterflies and stuff, but he doesn't like the creepy crawly stuff.

Isaac is tagging now: JD Allen, Austin Harr, Carter Denton, Kamron Bartholomew, Alexis Dart, Davin Rhodes, Troy Madsen, and basically anyone who is reading this and wants to tell about your kid.

7 comments:

Lydia said...

Oh Lisa, he is getting so big. I can't believe it. He is so cute. Thanks for writing about him. So, did Tyler smell the cut?

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Ohh..this is funny. I was laughing through out most of this. It's amazing how much he has changed looking at all of his photos. Hope to see you guys soon.

west's said...

This tag was cute!! Adde sat on my lap during the slide show, freaking out at each picture saying "Look mom. It's Isaac" and the ones from when he was a baby she would say that's me when I was a baby. Adde loves looking at all the cousins blogs!!

Melinda H. said...

I loved reading all about Isaac. Of course I don't know any of those things about him so it was fun to read. Austin is very similar to him. I wish we lived closer so they could get to know each other.

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo funny, Lisa - I was laughing so hard (especially about the bug thing - he definately is YOUR son). Does he smell bugs? j/k. What a sweetheart he is, I like that he wants YOU to baptize him - that's a memory. Thanks for tagging JD - he loves Isaac.

Amberly said...

Isaac is such a cute kid! I loved the pics of him when he was younger! I love his fun personality too and finding out all of those things about him.

Madsen Family said...

Oh, Isaac is so cute! I love his curly hair! I think Colt is going to be curly too! Now I am off to do Troy's! We missed you up north last night :)