November 5, 2009

I AM BACK!

Ok. I know, I am the worst blogger ever. I remembered why I stopped blogging. When I upload photos onto blogger, they take like 30 minutes each. No exaggeration! We got a new camera last year that has 10 megapixels, and I think it is causing it to take longer. So I dread uploading photos. Things really have been busy, I am sure it has been for most of you, but I can't keep up on the blogging while I am busy. I am 30 weeks along in my pregnancy & have been feeling great! I love being pregnant & have had great ones with all of my other ones, but this has been the best one. I have even been able to work out through this whole pregnancy, which I have never been able to do, due to complications. We are also building a home here. That is what has kept me the most busy! It hasn't been as smooth as it was when we built our home up north, but it will be exciting to be in a home again. We have mixed emotions because we are going to miss our ward so much, but I know I will still see everyone, so it will be ok. We haven't told our boys yet. We were hoping to surprise them for Christmas, but it is going to be done much sooner, so if any of you have any good ideas of how to surprise them, let me know.

Here are some pictures to update what has been going on with us. Some of them go way back, & I tried not to pick out too many to have a picture overload! That's what I get for not keeping my blog up to date.

Ok. So first I have to say that I am so sorry I didn't post what we are having. I know a lot of you already know, but we are having another boy! Kenyon & Isaac wanted a girl, but when they found out it was a boy, they were very excited & started coming up with names. The only problem is, is they keep saying, "We are going to have 4 boys, but we want 1 girl". Sorry boys, we are done. I had to post this specific ultra sound picture to proove to some of you who have asked me, "Are you sure it's a boy?" lol!
My 29th birthday.

Kenyon & Isaac's first day of school. Kenyon loves 2nd grade & has the best teacher ever who is so perfect for him! And Isaac is loving 1st grade, going to school all day, eating school/sack lunch, all the recesses... I never stop hearing about all of that :)


For Kenyon's 8th birthday party, he wanted a Badger football party. We did kind of tailgate theme & had a couple of the players come & play football with the kids. They were such great sports & the kids loved having them there! They are celebrities here in town! We had a tent set up with the food & cake & ice cream & they made a picture frame to put this picture in it with the players.

It was so awesome to see Tyler baptize & confirm Kenyon. It was very emotional for me, just because a few years ago, I never thought we would be at this point. Kenyon was really nervous about getting baptized, so Isaac asked him, "Don't you want to be clean? If you don't get baptized, you will be dirty for the rest of your life!" Then after Kenyon was baptized, Isaac asked him if he was glad he got baptized & told him that he was sparkling clean. I love little kids & their testimonies.


Our life right now....FOOTBALL! I liked this picture of Tyler in action. My sister, Larissa, came down to a game & took some good pics that I stole off her blog. They are 9-1 right now & have 1 regular season game left & their bowl game. I am always so proud of Tyler & of how hard he works. Even though I miss him so much!

Isaac loved playing soccer this fall. Kenyon didn't play soccer this year, so I think it was kind of fun for Isaac to do his own thing.

Kenyon was able to play flag football, which he absolutely loved! It was way busy with Isaac's soccer, Kenyon's football & Tyler's football, but it is worth it for them to do their own things & find their own interests.

Pumpkin patch.


I had to post these pictures of Tyler. Until a few weeks ago, I had never seen any pictures of Tyler when he was little. But his sister, Teresa, brought down a box of lots of his pictures growing up & I have had so much fun looking at them & seeing which of my boys looks the most like him. I made him a DVD of all of his pictures & surprised him with it for his birthday. He hadn't really seen a lot of those pictures so it was great! Isn't he so cute!


Tyler turned 30 a couple weeks ago. I threw him a surprise birthday party! It was so much fun, but was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do, because I had to keep everything I was doing a secret. I tell him EVERYTHING! But it was worth it!


More celebrating.

Carving pumpkins.

Isaac as a clone trooper at the elementary's Halloween Parade.

Kenyon as a Utah football player. His buddies were also football players, so it was fun to get a picture of all of them together. He saved all of his allowance & birthday money to buy this. He was so excited to get it & takes such good care of it, since he bought it with his own money.

Isaac decided he wanted to be a football player to go trick or treating instead of the clone trooper. And of course Will had to be Buzz.


Trick or treating.

So I hope all of you have been doing well! I am excited to be back in the blogging world & to see how everone is doing. I promise to be better.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So so cute! I'm glad your back. I can't believe you are having another boy...I would so not mind having a house full of boys:) My mom told me about your house, that is so exciting. Glad your back to the blogging world. Snow is doing awesome by the way, it's so fun to watch them play. I'm glad your having a good pregnancy, that makes it so much nicer.

strickland party of six said...

you are so cute. Thanks for all the nice things you said on my blog. you are sweet! and yeah i am running with them i never thought i would run but i do i like it and crave it but hardly ever get to do it. anyway good for you and training for the marathon that will be way exciting, where do you want to run at? you will be good at running:)

ThE KaRl CoX FaMiLy said...

Cute pictures!! I think you need to try just one more time for a baby girl. Your boys are so cute and getting so big. I don't know how you do it during football season. You are such a good mom.

Amberly said...

I love your post! The pictures of Tyler little are too cute! I always put my pics in photoshop first and make them smaller before I blog them. That may help. I am so excited for your home and your new little boy to get here!

Madsen Family said...

If I didn't see you on a weekly basis I would have thought you had fallen off of the plane! It was so great to see your post! Tyler was a doll when he was little and we all know he still is! Love ya!

Megan said...

Wow, another boy!!! That's awesome. Do you have a name picked already? So exciting, and I'm so glad to hear your pregnancy has went so well.
Yey on building your house! It's so fun isn't it...well once it's finished...then it's fun. : ) You'll have to post pics of it for us to see.
If you are ever up this way let me know and we will plan our girls night so you can come. It would be so fun to catch up with you and hang out and laugh with everyone again for old times sake. We would love to have you come!!! 850-3401 Call me!
You are beautiful by the way...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY VERY LATE! : )

Hansen Family said...

I am glad i inspired you to come back to the blogging world. I am jealous your pregnancy has been so great I have not been so lucky! Congrats on another boy your boys are darling!

Sarah said...

Welcome back Lisa! I missed hearing updates on your cute little family. :) Congrats on another boy. My brother-in-law had only brothers and his Mom said it was so wonderful. Her boys have always taken such good care of her and treat her like a queen. I think that's what your boys will do for you. :)
That's so exciting that you are building a house. I love that you are surprising yours boys, they will love it.
It looks like you are doing good. Call me next time you come to visit. I would LOVE to see you. Keep us updated on the baby! ♥ ya!

Shannon said...

I loved this blog! It was so fun to see what you have been up to. And another boy!?! that is to sweet. I am glad it is all going so well for you. You look great and your kids are so adorable. It's going by so fast!

Carpenter Column said...

Hey - thanks for leaving that comment so I could see what you've been up to! Good job throwing the party! That would be tough! I'm so glad your pregnancy has gone so well! Yeah!

Aimee said...

Cute pics! I sent you an invite to my blog...let me know if you get it. I love that Kenyon bought his own costume! Your family is darling and I'm excited for you to have boy #4.

Anonymous said...

Lisa - 30 min is crazy for upload speeds. You should be able to reduce your images for what you use in your blog and upload the reduced images. 200dpi should be sufficient for computer blogging. 300dpi is used for most print which is typically much more demanding then on screen viewing. I have been a slacker also, I'll try to get you some shots from the baptism and game soon.

Zig

Springers said...

I am so jealous that your pregnancies are so easy! That's not fair! :-) It looks like you guys have had a great Fall so far. Congrats on building a house. Put some pictures of it up when you can. That's exciting! Are you guys going to MB this summer?

Megan said...

OK Lisa I need your mailing address! If you get around to checking your blog and get this, can you get me your address so I can send you a Christmas card? I am assuming your in your new house so you have a new address??? Let me know!!! : )

Ralaina said...

Totally understand the frustration when it comes to blogging sometimes. It was fun to get caught up with you. You look amazing and that is so exciting to be getting into a new house! Can't wait to see it.