February 10, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Here I go....

1. There are 10 kids in my family (7 girls, 3 boys; I am the 8th. My mom had all of us in 13 years!).

2. I have been to 42 states and Canada.

3. I went sky diving when I was 19.

4. I could eat pizza anytime of the day!

5. I don't like mean people who are too blunt and who don't have manners. It's ok to be blunt to an extent.

6. I love playing games. Card games, board games, Dr. Mario, and Bonko's :)

7. I love shopping! I buy most stuff online, but it is so much fun making the day of it and going up north with the girls to get some shopping done.

8. I love anything with peanut butter in it.

9. My favorite seasons are spring and fall. I love to see the leaves on the trees again and watch the flowers bloom after a dry, dead winter. And I also love the smell of fall time and watching the leaves turn color, and I actually do look forward to football season, believe it or not.

10. I love to work out. I have been working out 5 times a week for 60 minutes and I am on my 21st week right now and have not missed 1 work out. If I miss, I have to start over!

11. My new hobby right now is reading. Our bishop gave 1/3 of our ward a 90 day mission. We got a literacy mission; so if you know any good books to read, let me know.

12. I love to bake goodies! I guess that is why I work out ;)

13. I love church history! I could read about it over and over again!

14. I love the beach! I love the smell of the ocean, and the sound of the waves crashing. I haven't been to one for a while and I am so craving it!

15. I wish Tyler and had more time together.

16. I love the sound of my boys playing and laughing together.

17. I have been serving in the Young Women's with the Beehive's for over a year and absolutely love it!

18. I don't like speaking in front of people. I get really sick and I shake the whole time I am up there.

19. Right now I have Sunkissed Citrus going on my Scentsy burner! It is yummy and makes me in a good mood!

20. I want to live on the East coast one day. It is so beautiful and green out there. My skin could go for some humidity too. It's too dry here.

21. I love to watch What Not to Wear. I don't watch much TV, except Disney or Nick Jr., but when Tyler is gone on the road, I will definitely be watching a couple episodes of What Not to Wear.

22. I am craving to paint a house (rooms). When we get a house again, I am going to go crazy with it. I have so many ideas in my head right now of what I want to do.

23. I love to listen to music. I love all kinds of music and I love to turn my stereo pretty loud while I clean, make dinner, and drive alone.

24. We are going to Disneyland in March and I am so excited because we have never taken our boys there.

25. I want to learn how to do genealogy work.

Let's see if you can think of 25 random things about yourself! Mine weren't so random, but it was fun anyway!

17 comments:

strickland party of six said...

Lisa, way cute glad I got to know you better. I love sun kissed citrus it does make you in a good mood. I have bought all spring smells right now, I'm ready for spring... I also love the sound of the ocean I am trying to talk cody into to going to cozmle with me for a week "we will see" Hope you get your house soon and I really do hope you stay here in Utah. This way fun and cute, good Idea: BTW I really need you to help modavate me to work out I love it when I am doing it but hate getting there: But just so you know, you just modivated me to get off the computer and go do it thanks, summer is coming!

Addie May said...

That was fun to read! I love it when people write random facts about themselves, I always learn so much! Way to go on working out that often, you are way tougher than I am. :)

Natalie said...

I loved reading these! What do you do for your workouts? I need some ideas in that area. I get stuck in a rut and do the same things. I can't believe you haven't missed a day yet. Good for you!

west's said...

I think I knew most of these things about you already. Mostly because we are too much alike. I can't believe you are going on week 21 of working out. That is crazy & so good of you. I also have Sunkissed Citrus in my burner. Probably from what you gave me & I LOVE it. Are you guys getting so excited for Disneyland? It will come up so fast.

Melinda H. said...

That was fun to read. Way to go on the 21 weeks of workout. I am lucky to get three days a week nowadays, if I am lucky, or motivated. You always look great. That will be so fun to take the boys to disney. I remember the first and only time we took the boys to disney. They even made us so happy watching them ride all the rides and seeing how cool so many of the rides were, like Pirates, etc. Thanks for the post!

Dart said...

I wish I had your ambition. When I vacuum or mop the floor, I count that as my workout. And if you are really feeling the itch to paint, I have a couple that you could do whatever you want with! I pay for the paint!

Hansen Family said...

Dr mario is the best! I make bryan play it with me on my old school super nintendo! I have found a new love for reading lately I read all the time. I think i have read 20 books since november!( i am a nerd I know)so here are a few suggestions for you. The work and the glory, fire of the covenant(these are both ny gerald lund) children of the promise, (hughes)
I read a book called how to drive while racing in the rain. it was great! well there are a few suggestions for you let me know if you need more!

Shannon said...

I love WHAT NOT TO WEAR! Its the best show. I never knew you went skydiving.....to scary for me. And everytime I go to disneyland I think of you, and the camper, and churros....yum. I hope you guys have a blast! It so fun to watch your kids freak out with happiness there. That was a fun post to read!

Megan said...

Lisa you are so cute! I can't beleive your workout!! That is so awesome...I am pretty proud of myself if I get 2 days a week in. Ugh!
Oh I am so excited for you to go to Disneyland! I LOVE IT! We seriously would pick that over any other vacation! Have fun, and take lots of pictures. Oh you will love the parade and the rides, and you should try the turkey legs...they are huge but they are good! Your boys will love it.
You want to live on the east Coast huh? You don't think yo will live in Utah forever? I'm never sure where we will end up!
CUTE!!!!

Amberly said...

You are so cute!! I can't believe you've been skydiving! I loved reading all of that, a lot of it I didn't know! I'm so glad we're friends.

Kristi said...

I do think you should give in and read the Harry Potter series. If you like church history, the work and the glory series is good too. I have both---just come borrow!!!1

FishinFamily said...

Holy cow 21 weeks in a row. I wish I could say that. I'm going to start keeping track. One day when you see it on my blog, it'll be you I have to thank for the inspiration!
I'm excited to see pictures from Disneyland. We go in May, I'll be able to show the kids what they'll be doing.
I bet your YW LOVE you!! That is so much fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for your Disneyland trip with your kids! SOOOOO Exciting!!!!

Jamie said...

Okay I'm finally starting to understand that everyone that still looks hot after highschool works out! I knew I was missing something! I have no will power what so ever!!! Way cute post! I think you are darling!

Carpenter Column said...

Lisa - we are so much alike sometimes! NO wonder we were so close in highschool - lol. So I love all the Sheri Dew books - they are so good. And I like Dr. Laura books. I like Stephanie Meyer books...And I love Sunkissed Citrus - it's my favorite. I love pb - and remember how we'd always make no bakes!!! I miss you tons now!!! One day we have to get together!

Unknown said...

Craving Painting - did Teresa put that in your head? :) FYI I finally jumped into the blogosphere. http://ziggypphotography.wordpress.com/

Tonia said...

We have a lot in common. I read your list and agreed with a lot of them. It was fun to read and to get to know you better!