December 31, 2008

I have been having such a wonderful Christmas break, so I feel bad that I have neglected blogging. Tyler took a couple weeks off, which is rare, so we have COMPLETELY loved that! Picture before their Christmas program for school.

Isaac's kindergarten class had a way cute play that they put on and Isaac got to be Engine #1. I love seeing my boys perform in their programs and plays. I swear I end up tearing up everytime, and Tyler is always waiting for me to do that ;)

Isaac decided he wanted to turn his hat backwards, always doing things his way :)

Every year with Tyler's family, we have a Christmas soup party. My brother-in-law Zig slaves away all day making very yummy soups and we sit around all night and try all the new soups. I think it is such a great tradition and we look forward to it all year! Our kids all have fun opening presents too :) I think Tyler loves it too, because he gets to play with all the kids' toys with them. Like these GI Joes.



Tyler enjoying the soup.
On Christmas Eve we had a get together with my family. My dad dresses up as Santa every year and our kids LOVE it! We ate yummy food and got some gifts from my parents. They are always so thoughtful of everyone and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful parents. We drove home on Christmas Eve night so our kids could wake up in their own beds and enjoy Christmas here.



Christmas morning! I love Christmas and am sad that it is over. This year we tried to really empasize our Christmas on the true meaning, Christ. We tried to really teach them how much more important it is to give than to recieve. They are all at such a fun age and I love adding new traditions each year so they can always remember how much fun they had growing up...hopefully.


We had so much fun staying up at my parents house for about 5 nights. I love to see our families and spending time with them during the holidays. I feel so blessed for all that I have! I love being at my house where I grew up during the holidays, especially when there is snow. We had so much fun playing out in the snow. I built my boys a snow fort and Tyler built them a little fortress. It really brought back some great memories of when I was little!

13 comments:

FishinFamily said...

Oh that looks like so much fun. The fort/fortress is amazing!!! I need lessons. Do you have even more snow in Ephram?

Shannon said...

That soup thing is a good idea! I am glad Tyler got some time off, thats all I wait for each semester with matt is those precious 2 weeks to have him all to ourselves. But this time we have both been sick on and off! YUCK.
and as always you look great and your boys are so cute!

Melinda H. said...

Happy New Year! I love when Greg is home...he seems to be the one to initiate fun times with the boys. Christmas looks like so much fun. I remember playing out in the snow growing up also. I loved those times and I am sure that your boys will remember these times as they grow up. The soup party is a great idea, maybe we'll steal it. Isaac is a character, that's good!

strickland party of six said...

Hey that sounds like you had a fun holiday...) I love when cody stays home too even more my kids love it! but next week we'll all have to go back to reality... NOT FUN Have a good new yr,.

Amberly said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! That would be fun to stay with your family that long and just relax! I love the snow fortress! You guys are awesome! I hope you had a fun New Year too! It does seem like forever since I saw you too!

Jamie said...

How fun that your hubby got 2 weeks off! Travis had a lot more time off this holiday and it makes me miss him even more when he goes back!! I love that your cute Isaac put his hat on backwards! What a little stud! And you are such a cool mom to make them a snow fort!!

Tonia said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Christmas - you have some fun traditions! I love how Tyler likes to play with all the kids toys, Andre really needs a son to play with their toys.

In one of those picture Kenyon looks a lot like you. Your boys are all such handsome little guys.

Megan said...

WOW, 2 weeks off...that would be so fun! I wouldn't spend that time blogging either!
Looks like a fun Christmas, your parents yard is so perfect to play in. I want to play in a snow fort too! LOL Looks fun!

Hansen Family said...

what a nice little holiday! I bet it was so nice to have your hubby home so you could all do things together! it looks like you had a great christmas!

Jobi Niu said...

YOur family is so dang cute! Sounds like your holidays were fun, that's good your hubby took a few weeks off I would LOVE that if Enoch did that. I was sad when I heard that SNOW lost the NAtional Championship game too. Bummer. I was down in Ephraim last week for the Girl's Basketball Alumni Game. It was like a ghost town when we went cause of the Christmas break, but fun. Your boys are so dang handsome. You look GREAT! So skinny. So gorgeous. :]

Springers said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Its so nice you got to be at your house Christmas morning, but still see all your families. So your parents haven't sold their house yet?
That play Isaac did is so cute. Jaxson's class just sang some songs in a small concert. But it was cute!
I know what you mean about not growing up with lots of "I love yous." I think its a Robinson thing! :)

Rachel said...

Hey Lisa, I love to look at your blog. It is so cute. My boys are going to miss playing with yours at the games. It was a really fun season. I am sure that we will all be there next fall. Go Snow!!!

Lydia said...

How fun. I love that Tyler's family has a soup party. That sounds like so much fun.

I love all the pictures. Too cute!