October 9, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday, some friends and I took our kids to a local pumpkin patch where we got to drive right to the patch and get out and pick our own pumpkins. I guess it's one of the biggest pumpkin patches in the state (imagine that, being where we are :) I didn't know what to expect because I have never done that before, but it was so much fun and it will definitely be a new Hughes tradition every October. Kenyon and Isaac loved roaming the pumpkin patch and finding their "perfect pumpkins". Isaac asked me if I am going to make him some pumpkin pie with one of the pumpkins. Sorry bud, I wish I could do that ;) Maybe it's something I need to learn how to do, YUM! It was such a beautiful day, especially considering the snow that's on its way this weekend. There was a cute little playground there that they played on afterwards, at a farmers market. It's fun for them to admire their "hard work" of picking their very own pumpkins.



17 comments:

Megan said...

Lisa you are so cute in that picture! I have never been to a real pumpkin patch before...that sounds fun.
I am dreading the snow that is coming.

Jamie said...

I haven't done that since I was a kid! How fun! I'm sure you could figure out a pie if you could do that cute pumpkin cake! And I made your chicken crock pot recipe and it was great so I'm sure you are great in the kitchen!

That's awesome that your husbands football team is 6-0!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the family picture at the top - I almost stole one when I was over to mom's and saw them there before you picked them up - but I thought I better not.

Great pumkin patch! That is sooooo fun to do, I think.

About Jordan's blog, he just had to have some weird name for it - that's why you weren't sure who it was - it has to do with motorcycles and boys stuff like that. We should've let you know, but I'm glad you accepted it. He knows how to post things and add music. He checks it every single day! It's actually hilarious.

Shannon said...

what a fun thing to do with your boys. I love your new family pictures, that is cute of all of you around tyler!

strickland party of six said...

Lisa, cute pictures... I'm gald you got to do that. my kids love to go to the pumkin patch they never want to leave.. haha im glad you got to go when it was warm, we are going next sat the 18 BURR is all i can say. gOOd thing we all have new coats.. gotta love your boys.

AJones said...

You are so sweet! How fun to be in touch! I will add you to my blog for sure! So happy to hear from you and see your beautiful family!

Amberly said...

You got great pictures! I love the one with you in it too! It was a blast and I will be making it a tradition too. I just hope no one smashes ours before we can carve them...

The Watsons said...

Hi Lisa,
You don't know me but my husband and Tyler work together a little bit at Snow and I saw you comment on Harmonies blog and I wanted to know where the pumpkin patch is that you went to? I have been wanting to take my littl girl but I didn't know there was one around here. Thanks

FishinFamily said...

That looks like SO much fun! I love the pictures of your cute kids. Have fun carving them, and good luck making the pumpkin pie. LOL

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

That is so fun. You always do fun stuff with your boys. Congrats on the Snow win. I will let you know if Russ will be able to attend the Pima game.

Hansen Family said...

Pumpkin patches are so fun! we went to our first real one this year and the kids loved it!

Kristi said...

Where was this pumpkin patch? I'd love to take Ethan

Cass said...

The pumpkin patch is so fun! We have gone there the past 5 years! (Except I didn't go last year since Kiana was born the middle of October!) I'm glad you guys came this year! It was so fun to have such a big group and go together!

I LOVE your new family picture! When did you get them done and WHERE? You guys are the perfect family! I would love to be half the mom you are!

See you tomorrow at church!

Brian & Larissa Lloyd said...

Your family photo is so cute! Isn't Fall a great season to be in!

Addie May said...

That was so fun and I'm glad you came! Your pictures turned out so cute. I also love that new family picture in the title of your blog, you look beautiful!!

strickland party of six said...

Hey lisa, we should get isaac and keeg together... I tagged you for 5 things about isaac. lets play some time.

Lydia said...

I didn't even know there was a pumpkin patch over there. That is awesome!