Yes, we are still alive! Things have been going great for us, very busy, but we are doing well. I got very behind on blogging, & I knew how far behind I was, so I felt overwhelmed to have to catch up.
We took a trip a few weeks ago with my Dad, Mom, my sis, Jessica & her husband, Kelly to Nauvoo. We all left our children behind, & we had my brother, Mike & his wife, Tiff watch the boys, which was so awesome of them! My family visited Nauvoo a few times while I was growing up, but this time around was a little different because I am older & appreciate things a little more, not that I didn't like going there before, but I felt it was such a good experience for Tyler & I to go there together. I know our boys would have loved to be there, but it was nice because we were able to see pretty much all the sights, including Carthage Jail, & we went to the temple 3 times & did pretty much everything but baptisms. The things we did in that amount of time would have been harder if we had our kids there. A couple months before we went, I had finished all The Work & the Glory's, so I feel that I was able to learn so much & feel so much more gratitude for the pioneers, & specifically for Joseph Smith! There is such a feeling there & as you walk through the town, you can almost picture everything because of those books.
We flew into St. Louis & drove to Nauvoo, so we wanted to do something in the city. We didn't have a lot of time, but we were able to go to the Gateway Arch, which was really cool. I had always seen it from the freeway when we would drive through St. Louis before, but this time we were able to go up into the arch. A little scary for me, thinking we were going to crash down, but it was pretty cool.
Under the arch
Mississippi River.
This temple really is so amazing! It is so beautiful & the spirit felt there is so strong!

Mom & Dad.
This was one of my favorite sights of the statue of Joseph & Hyrum on their last ride, out of Nauvoo. It is located across from the temple. They talked about it in The Work & the Glory & when I read about it, it made me very emotional.
At Carthage, in the room Hyrum & Joseph were martyred. Such an amazing feeling there.

Joseph, Emma & Hyrum's grave.
More graves at Joseph Smith's homestead.
The carriage rides were the best. It gave me such a good feel of how things were back there for them. Plus they were really relaxing!
This was classic because my dad got to try these out, & he ended up dropping them on the floor. We laughed hard! I love my dad!






13 comments:
I'm so jealous you got to go to Nauvoo! I swear it's like "Spiritual Disneyland!" :) I hope that you guys are enjoying your time together...cuz the clocks ticking, huh? :) Let's get together sometime before the big season starts!!!
I swear it is about time. Where have you been. Thanks good ness you are still alive, and ticking!
Looks like you guys hada great time in Nauvoo... I wished we could take a trip there, my kids are to little they would rather go to disneyland.
I love all your post your boys are so cute.
That looks incredible! I would love to go to Navoo. The temple is so pretty. I think I'd have a hard time looking out of the edge of that arch too. I can't believe how tall it is.
So fun to see you at the temple in Salt Lake. Crazy, we've seen each twice over the last few years, and both have been at the temple. =)
That looks like so much fun! WOW, and without the kids too...that must've been amazing to experience that together. Makes me want to go now! : )
How the heck do you always look so cute? Seriously, every single picture I ever see of you, you are drop dead gorgeous!
Hey we need to hang out sometime...come and join one of our girls get togethers we have. Are you ever up this way??
First off, love all of your pictures. You are one hot mama! You look great! I love Nauvoo too. My mother in law actually lives there, so we have been a couple of times but I still haven't seen all of the sights! It really is such a neat place to be. Looking at your pictures makes me want to go there. And the St.Louis arch...yeah that totally freaks me out! It was winding when we went and you could feel it sway. Not in a hurry to go back to that one!
If you ever come out to CA you have to call me. I would love to tour you guys around San Francisco....or we can just hang out for a couple of hours. Talk Tyler into going to visit his brother :)
Im with everyone else in loving the pictures and how great you and Tyler look in them! Thats also fun that you guys got to spend that time together! Jealous! I know I say this alot but i really do miss you guys :( Hopefully we can come hangout before the season starts because we both know when that starts we are back to being widows again ;)Love ya!
That looks like such a great trip! That would've been fun to go with you all. Happy late birthday to Will! Life get's so crazy and forget that other people exist. We are coming to UT the 17th of July and will be there until the 26th. Greg's family has a family reunion at fish lake over the 24th. I think Greg might be going up Wednesday so I might go up Friday morning. That way I can go to Andie's wedding. I thought that would be fun. We'll see. Hopefully we'll get to see you! We miss you guys too. I wish we lived closer!
So do you think its better to go without kids? We were thinking about going some time this summer. ITs about 8 hours from here, and we really need to go before we move further away. Did you guys see the Pageant? It looks like a great trip. I would really love to go... so special!
What a fun little vacation. I want to go on a church history tour I would love it. maybe when our kids are old enogh to appreciate it.
What a neat experience you guys had. It takes me back to 2000 when we all went for our family reunion. That was so awesome and I just loved it. Hope to go back again some day. Glad you could experience it with your honey without your kids. You need those kind of vacations sometimes.
I'm glad you're not dead on blogging. I had so much fun going with you guys. I heart trips.
SOOOO Jealous! I hope to go to the Nauvoo temple someday too!
We got to go to Nauvoo a couple of years ago and we hit Martin's Cove on the way home. It was an awesome family trip!!! All your pictures brought back memories. I'm glad you got to go.
Post a Comment